With the growing demand for fictional works, there are many places that are available online nowadays that you may utilize to legally sell your fan art.
Each of these places has its advantages and disadvantages when it comes to selling your piece of art.
Hence, it’s highly recommended for you to do a little bit of research to have deeper insights when it comes to choosing the right platform to sell your fan art.
Keep on reading to know more about some of the best places to sell fan arts.
Amazon is one of the best places that you can use to sell your fan art online as it has millions of customers from all around the world, each with a different taste in arts.
Apart from that, you will also be able to utilize their advertising tools such as the Pay Per Click advertising that enables you to advertise your fan arts directly to the potential customers that show an interest in fan arts products in their purchasing history.
- There is a lot of customers that buy on Amazon regularly
- Provides advertising tools to promote your fan arts
- Suitable to sell fan art based products such as animated pillowcase
- Has the potential to scale your fan arts products once you have plenty of positive reviews
- You will need to spend some money on advertising to start selling effectively
- You need to abide by Amazon terms and conditions; otherwise, your account might get banned
Fine Art America
Fine Art America is the place for you if you have a wide range of unique designs that you think can fit into everyday home items such as coffee mugs, bath towels, and shower curtains.
You may sell almost any items that you want in Fine Art America as the platform is made to support artists worldwide, provided that you have unique designs that would attract customers’ attention.
Overall, it is a decent place to start selling your fan art items.
- You may sell a wide variety of products here
- Have access to thousands of customers from around the world
- It’s completely free to set up a seller account to start selling
- You only need to upload your designs and set the price for them, and the rest will be done for you
- To gain more exposure, you will need to subscribe to the annual plan, which costs $30 per year
Artists Alley Confidential
Artists Alley Confidential offers you some exposure to your fan art products, and you could use this site to promote your latest fan art designs to get some feedback from a community that is made of professional artists.
One of the interesting features that are available on this site is the comments sections, which allow people to provide feedback on the quality of the latest art convention that they had in the past.
You may utilize this information to visit the best art convention to get an idea of the designs that attract the most people.
- It’s completely free to use this website as there are no membership fees
- You get access to a lot of beneficial information that you need for your future fan art designs
- Real convention reviews from professional artists
- Covers multiple art convention in each state
- Currently, this site only covers art conventions that are held in the United States
Zazzle has made it extremely easy for literally any artist to upload the designs of their products, and this includes fan art products, so it’s a great platform for you to start selling your fan art products to your customers.
There is a lot of things that you could apply your design on, such as T-shirts, bandanas, as well as keychains, and the only thing that you need to do is to upload your design on the site.
The drag and drop feature proved to be very useful when you are creating your desired design as there is a lot of fonts and images that are at your disposal.
- There is a lot of products that you can customize according to your design
- High-quality prints and products are provided
- You have the option to set your profit per item that you choose to list on Zazzle
- The manufacturing, printing, and shipping will be covered by Zazzle
- You cannot make your website to sell products offered on Zazzle
- You don’t have the option to integrate into other types of platforms
Etsy is one of the huge marketplaces that you can try to get your hands on as it provides multiples kinds of supports to new sellers looking to introduce new products to the marketplace.
You can try to use your artistic design on everyday items and list it on Etsy to sell it to your customers.
Just in case you don’t have any experience in sales and marketing, worry no more as Etsy sellers’ supports includes a comprehensive guide on how to get your first sale on Etsy.
- It’s very cheap for you to list your first item on Etsy as it’ll only cost you $0.20
- You only need to pay for advertising and transaction if you made a sale
- Multiples selling tools are provided by Etsy to new sellers
- You may only sell fan arts products that are handmade
SaatchiArt can be considered as one of the best places for an artist to express their creativity, imagination, and passion for producing high-quality paintings that can be listed on the site for the customers.
Aside from paintings, you may also choose to upload a variety of artistic items such as photographs, drawings, sculptures, as well as prints. If your paintings are good enough, you can list them for a high price on this site.
One unique thing about SaatchiArt is that it protects each artist that uploads their designs from being stolen by other people, so it’s completely safe to do business here.
- The seller account is completely free to create
- Shipping will be handle by them
- You may expect to receive up to a total of 65% in royalty
- There are no hidden fees
- You will need to pay for the packaging fees of each product
Shopify has always been a favorite choice among the players of the e-commerce industry when it comes to selling stuff online.
Shopify currently provides three major plans, which are the Basic plan, Regular plan, and the Advanced plan; each offers a different set of tools that you can use.
You may choose to set up your online store and sell all of your fan art products in a single store managed by you.
Just in case you encounter any difficulties in the future, feel free to seek some advice from Shopify experts to solve your problems.
- Provides high-quality support to help you at any point
- The plans are offered at an affordable rate
- You may list an unlimited amount of products in your store even with the Basic plan
- The availability of the main Shopify payment channel varies according to country
There is a lot of interesting design and themes that you can find in here that you may use to customize your online store.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any background in web development, as you don’t need to have any kind of coding experience to build yourself an online store if you’re using this platform.
Apart from that, there’s also a lot of payment options that you can offer to your future customers.
- It’s free to use since WordPress and WooCommerce are both a type of open-source software
- You have more control over the essential things that you want to spend your money on
- There’s a wide variety of payment channels that you can offer to your customer
- Beginner-friendly platform
- You will need to figure out the essential external extensions that you need by yourself as they are not included
Patreon is used by artists and content creators from all around the world to provide exclusive content to their fans and subscribers in return for a stable monthly income.
This allows the artists and the content creators to focus less on making money and focus more on providing tonnes of valuable content to their fans and subscribers.
There are currently three main plans, which are the lite, pro, and premium plan, each offering bundles of tools and support for you to use.
- You will get a consistent monthly income to fuel your fan arts business
- Any declined payments and chargebacks will be taken care of by Patreon
- Allows you to focus more on your work so that you will be able to provide valuable artistic products
- 5% of your future income every month will be charged to be paid to Patreon, and another 5% will be used to pay the processing fees
Gumroad is a reliable online platform that is used by millions of artists and content creators to turn their website into a fully working e-commerce store that accepts payments from subscribers and customers safely and reliably.
You might want to consider using Gumroad as it helps you to accept payments in credit cards, creates discounts and launch promotions to your customers, and so much more.
This will helps you to boost your fan arts effectively in the future.
- Provides you with the ability to accept payments in credit cards and PayPal
- You will be able to customize a clean check out page for your website
- The user interface is quite straightforward and easy to use
- Allows you to promote your fan arts products by giving away coupons during promotions
- Cryptocurrencies and Apple Pay are not supported
If you’re planning to sell any types of digital art fan art products, then you might want to check this out.
You will be able to earn recurring revenue from the membership that you provide to your subscribers and supporters from around the world.
- Allows you to sell your digital products to your customer from anywhere in the world
- Payhip takes care of the EU VAT for you so you can focus on your work
- The Payhip’s user interface is very easy to be used
- The quality of the customer support provided is said to be poor
Redbubble is the place where artists from all around the world gather to display their creativity in their unique ways by designing everyday objects such as pillowcases, mugs, shirts, stickers, as well as phone cases.
For as long as you have your original design to upload, then feel free to sell your designs that will be printed on high-quality products.
These products will then be sold to the customers, and you’ll earn royalty in return for your unique design.
- You have full control over the profit margin, and you have the freedom to set the price as you wish
- Redbubble provides a wide variety of high-quality products that you can use to print your design on
- You can choose to design the products that you are comfortable with
- No community in place to ask for help
If you have the passion, skills, and ideas to design multiples pattern fan art items, then you might want to give Society6 a shot.
You can design a lot of items ranging from simple items like tote bags and phone cases up to more complex items such as hoodies and shower curtains.
Society6 has made it easy for artists to focus on the design of the products as they will take care of the printing, shipping, marketing, and fulfilling parts for you.
There is also a community that you can join to study the latest trends and customer feedback so that you can improvise your work from time to time.
- You get to display your design to millions of people
- A wide variety of high-quality products are offered to be used as a canvas for your design
- Enables you to work from anywhere as Society6 team of experts will handle the rest for you
- Advertising will be done for you by experts from Society6
- The earnings reported by previous artists seems to be quite low
InPrnt claimed to be a platform made by artists to provide the most benefits to the creative individuals around the world, and that may be true as artists have the opportunity to sell their art prints to customers for a decent amount of money.
Apart from that, InPrnt also provides artists with gallery-quality paper and keep up to date with the latest ink printing technology to provide only the finest quality of artworks to their customers.
For every art print sold, artists can expect to earn up to 50% in commission, while canvas and acrylic prints offer 40% and 30% in commission, respectively.
- InPrnt handles all the process of shipping, printing, and customer returns so you can focus on your fan art designs
- Your designs will only be printed on the selection of high-quality products
- Provides a friendly community made up of professional artists
- Your work will be represented at the top level since InPrnt is an independently operated and owned
- You need to send a request and get some votes from other artists on the platform to open a store